10 Things to do with Number Cards
Liven up your math moments, warm ups, transitions and brain breaks with fast prep number and counting activities. Grab your number cards and a few classroom staples and you're set! Here are 10 hands-on activities you can implement in seconds with just a set of cards.
- index cards
- number flashcards
- sets of number cards from a math center or game
- our new number tile cards
10 Ways to Use Number Cards
- Writing Cards - use with a dry erase markers and students trace or track the numeral
- Ordering - let students order them in different ways (forward, backward, vertical, different starting positions)
- Missing Numbers - line some cards up, flip some and ask students which ones are missing
- Memory - print 2 sets and place face down, flip 2 to find a match
- Following Directions - place some cards down and ask students to follow your instructions - e.g. find 4, put 3 bears on number 6, find the number that comes after 7.
- Listen - clap a number and ask students to find the matching card
- Make a number line for display or an addition activity
- Difference - using the number line, put a sticky note on 2 numbers and ask students to tell you the difference, tell addition stories and hop on the number line
- Clues - tell clues and have students find and take the answer - e.g. I'm thinking of a number that is 2 more than 8.
- Create number patterns - make skip counting patterns - e.g count by 2s
If you love fun number and counting ideas, you'll enjoy my Newsletter Super Fan email! Sign up and I'll send you some!