Free, Printable Counting Matching Game with Numbers 0-20
Use this free, printable Counting Matching Game as a tool for reinforcing counting and number recognition with preschool and kindergarten age children.
Incorporating card games into learning is a great way to help young children master number skills learning. Playing games is an engaging, low stress way for children to learn, especially when they are struggling to master a number learning skill, and memory matching games are a great first game to play with younger children, as they have simple instructions and rules for play.
Plus, playing a game offers a wonderful social element to learning. Children learn through the interaction with peers and interested adults who play with them.
Counting Matching Game: Numbers 0-20
Easy to download, print and play, this counting memory matching game includes cards representing the numerals 0 through to 20.
As well as the printable game cards, the download file includes an (optional) coloured backing paper. Print onto thick cardstock if you would prefer not to print the backing paper. The download and printing link and instructions can be found at the bottom of this post.
How to Play the Counting Matching Game
1. Shuffle the prepared cards well and spread them face down across the table.
2. Players take turns to turn over two cards, searching for the matching pair of numeral cards.
3. If the cards selected are a pair, the player keeps the card pair and takes another turn. If they are not the same, the cards are turned back over to rest in the same location on the tabletop, and play moves to the next player.
4. Once all cards have been matched into pairs, the player with the most pairs wins the game.
Increase or decrease the difficulty of your counting matching game by only including card pairs for specific sets of numbers, say 0-10 or 11-20 – the less cards included, the easier the game will be.
Play with just even or odd numbers to focus the game on identification for specific number sets.
Further suggestions for using this resource:
- Print and laminate the matching card set for use at activity stations during small group rotations in class.
- Send home laminated card sets home with children for review. This is a particularly useful strategy for students who may be struggling to master the necessary counting skills.
Download Instructions: Counting Matching Game
Click here to download: Snow Globe Counting Memory Game. Save the PDF to your computer. Open the PDF to print the pages you require. Please carefully read any printing instructions included within the document.
Having trouble accessing or downloading the file? Please try a different internet browser.
Please note: All Childhood 101 printables are for personal use only, you may not use any part of this content for commercial purposes-that includes selling the document, giving it away to promote your business or website, or printing the file to sell. You may not share, loan or redistribute these documents. Teachers may use multiple copies for students in their own classroom.
For the most fun you can have learning about numbers, check out our super cool Secret Spy Number Activity Pages!
For more cool matching game sets, check these out now!
You just finished reading Free, Printable Counting Matching Game with Numbers 0-20! Consider leaving a comment!
Thank you for subscribing to Childhood 101, why not pop over to the blog to really see what's new, subscribe to our newsletter or to share this post with your friends.
The post Free, Printable Counting Matching Game with Numbers 0-20 appeared first on Childhood101.